Welcome to The HyperFalcos. Let Us Introduce Ourselves.
We are students with the passion for making the Hyperloop reality. As a registered university club, we accept any interested individuals in assisting us in engineering, design, business operations, etc. “Team members” are individuals committed to the project and are officially involved in the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition team.
Joining our efforts allow you to contribute towards the development of cutting-edge technologies, demonstrate desirable skills to employers (including major Hyperloop companies, SpaceX, The Boring Company), potentially attend competition day in Hawthorne, CA at SpaceX HQ, and network with other students and faculty passionate about advancing transportation.
- Compete in annual SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition: Design and construct a scale pod for competitive use
- Advocate for Hyperloop technology
For those who don’t know, WHAT IS HYPERLOOP?
In 2013, Elon Musk released the Hyperloop White Paper, proposing the concept for the “fifth mode of travel” for fast on-ground travel up to 700 mph; A tube would be built (above or below ground), with most of the air pumped out, creating a near-vacuum environment. This reduces drag on the “pod” containing humans and/or cargo. The original pod concept is that pods would “levitate” via linear induction motors and air compressors.
In June 2015, SpaceX announced they would sponsor a Hyperloop pod design competition. They built a 1-mile-long subscale test track near SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne, CA. Since then three competitions have occurred, with a fourth announced for the 2018-2019 year.
Resources to get you started:
- SpaceX Hyperloop Competition
- Hyperloop White Paper
- Wikipedia (for the ambitious)
- Last year’s competition results
- Other winning team’s designs:
What we’re working on…
- Finalize our Competition IV design and submit our Final Design Briefing!
- Fundraising to acquire materials to build our pod!
How you can help
Engineering & Manufacturing
- Design (Subsystems)
- Partnership Establishment
- Events planning
- Social media
- Managing budget
- Web Development and Presentation
- Graphic design
- Developing presentations
- Human Relations
Please contact us via email at hyperfalcos.com, text 719-299-2073, or use the form below. We look forward to working with you!
- Email and Discord for communication
- Weekly meetings to report progress
- Weekly full-team work sessions
- Sub-teams meet per time schedules by leader
- GitHub for code version control
- UCCS SharePoint for documents
- GrabCAD for CAD files and drawings
- Trello for task management
If you haven’t already, contact us using this form or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.